Sunday, January 4, 2009

Dear God I Discovered Hollister

Just came back from a marathon post-Christmas shopping expedition. I think I more than made up for the lousy Christmas presents I got this year - honey what exactly is a pilates bar?!

As I said in a previous post (here)- I am not a fan of A&F so I stayed far away but after a few of my friends read my ode to Abercrombie post last month, they said I just had to check out Hollister (a subsidiary of A&F, apparently hawking slightly pricier goods). It was against my better judgement, but I ventured in.

I have to say the first thing I did was walk back out to make sure I had walked into the right store. Hollister or A&F? They look exactly the same!!! Oh - and it's exactly the same blinding, suffocating pop/rock retail experience.

Honestly, are these guys serious? They don't even bother to change the wall colours - they just slap on another name, increase the price by 20% and they're done. They must think we're stupid!

I may have to consider an official boycott...