Saturday, December 13, 2008

I Heart Biden. Biden Hearts Tucker.

Yet another reason to adore the fabulous Joe Biden - his choice of man's best friend for the Naval Observatory? A German Shepherd! Apparently, Biden has raised three of them already - so no surprise one is going to join him at the vice president's residence. And - you will love this one because it is oh so Joe - he's going to train the puppy himself! (Finally) A vice president with sensibility.

It is customary that both the president and vice president adopt a puppy in their new government digs. I think Bush had three - remember how they would either run away, go to the bathroom at inopportune times or bite the hand of respected journalists? Hmmm. Even where dogs are concerned this man has a challenged record!

That, of course, leads me to wonder - does Cheney even have a dog? I have certainly never seen it. As a man of tradition, I think he must - heck he probably keeps several - way down in his underground lair, right behind his personal electric chair. I can just see him test driving the his latest torture techniques - waterboarding for dogs - aghh! The more I think about Cheney, the more disgusting my thoughts become.

So back to Biden. My first reaction upon discovering his fondness for German Shepherds was surprise but, after some thought, I concluded of course a German Shepherd! Much of a gentleman's character can be presumed simply by understanding his affinity for a particular breed. It is only natural an honourable and humble man like Biden, with his sense of duty and commitment would pick a working dog whose own regality is rooted in the unbiding devotion shown to his master.

Tucker would be most pleased.